Monday, July 13, 2015

A Time to Blog

I've always enjoyed writing. I still have a "novel" that I randomly decided to write at about 8 years old, complete with chapters and illustrations. In high school, I took creative writing classes and joined the newspaper team. During my college years, I kept countless notebooks and journals. Most of these contained entries about what was going on in my day-to-day life, but had prayers mixed in it as I sought God's direction through those experiences. It was a record book, but also a form of worship. And, in the earliest days of blogging and Myspace, I found an outlet in sharing my experiences with a whole community online. I met other bloggers who were going through similar life situations, and blogging became a way to encourage and pray for each other. I kept pretty consistent accounts of my thoughts through infertility, my first pregnancy, and Josiah's first year or two. Then, you know what they say about 2nd children... I barely was able to maintain a blog during my pregnancy and after Micah's birth. And, by the time Asher was born... poor kid has no blog, baby book, or anything. If it wasn't for regular Facebook posts and camera phone pics, I wouldn't have any record of how things happened before today. I've wanted to write. It's just that being a mom is busy, busy work. And, when I have a free moment, I fill it with other things- usually mindless things that don't require planning out sentence structure or creative themes or processing my emotions- things like watching reality TV shows and liking friends' posts on Facebook. But, I decided this year that one of my goals would be to blog/journal regularly again.

So, here, 7 months later, I finally am sitting down on the couch, laptop opened, popcorn in hand, and 90's music on the TV, and I am beginning to type. I have no idea what's coming. I just know that I want to share the ways that God teaches me- through my marriage (that's a novel in itself), through my kids (SO MANY LESSONS!), through my hobbies and friendships and experiences. So, join me, if you want. And I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment